Ethical implications of ageing research
Department of Public Health and Primary Care
Professor Carol Brayne, Co-director of Cambridge Public Health, will draw on her own research to illustrate the issues being explored by the Nuffield Council on Bioethics’ current enquiry into the ethical aspects of ageing research.
Issues of ethical importance identified by the expert working group convened by the Nuffield Council include:
- How the challenges and opportunities of ageing are conceptualised – and the implications for research and innovation
- How the aims of research in this field should be prioritised
- Ethical aspects of the design and conduct of studies
- The contribution that research and innovation can and should play, in the context of the many wider social factors that affect healthy ageing
- How scientific and technological developments may affect perceptions of personal and family responsibility for care in older age
- How concern for equity can be taken into account across all these issues.
No registration required - please click here to join the live webinar