BuildingCyt Flow Cytometry Courses
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we are unable to hold our popular BI/Crick Flow Cytometry Courses as face to face courses. Therefore we would like to offer scientists the opportunity to join us for a series of free interactive courses.
Babraham Institute/Francis Crick Institute Interactive Flow Cytometry Course - Basics of Panel Design – 6th October 2020 at 10am BST and repeated on 11th November 2020 at 15.00 GMT (10am EST)
The key to a successful Multicolour Flow Cytometry Experiment is selecting the correct fluorochromes for your experiment.
To complement the Flow Cytometry Courses held at both Babraham Institute and the Francis Crick Institute, we are proud to announce our Interactive Courses. The first of these will be on Panel Design.
Panel Design - This course is aimed at scientists with prior experience in multi-colour flow cytometry but would like a refresher or hints on how to increase the number of colours they use.
Following the use of interactive tools on our face to face courses, we will be involving all delegates during this webinar through exercises and polls.
- This course is suitable for those who already have some experience in flow cytometry.
- This course is restricted to 30 delegates.
- This course is free to attend
Course will last around 2 hours and content will include:
- Principle of panel design and the importance of understanding the optical layout of cytometer
- Several exercises on Panel design (details to be sent to delegates in advance via Google Classroom)
It will be possible during this meeting for delegates to ask questions and to share their screen if there are specific questions about panel design. Delegates are asked to share their panel questions via Googleclass room in advance of the course.
To book your free place please go to https://bicrickinteractivepaneldesigncourse6thoct.eventbrite.co.uk for 6th October course and https://bicrickinteractivepaneldesign11thnov.eventbrite.co.uk for the 11th November course.
We look forward to welcoming you on our interactive course
Rachael Walker, Babraham Institute
Derek Davies, The Francis Crick Institute
Testimonials from recent courses include:
'I think this course is really accessible, which is especially nice for people that know nothing about flow cytometry'
'Excellent learning experience run by real hands on experts in the field'
'If you want to understand other people flow data and your own, this course is a great help'
'A great course to ensure you are implementing best practices'
'The course covered a huge amount of theory as to the best practices of design of flow experiments but also more importantly highlighted where things could go wrong'
'Great Course. Thank you! Didn't relaise how much I didn't know'
'Flow Cytometry is a huge topic. You made it worth it to come to this course. No way I would have grasped on my own, what I learned about flow cytometry in the last two days, Many thanks'
'This is an excellent course for anyone who uses flow cytometry regularly in their jobs - even for those people that have been doing flow for many years, but never really had a proper introduction to the whats and the whys!'
Terms and Conditions of Flow Cytometry Courses run by Babraham Institute Enterprise Ltd (BIE)
- No refunds, transfers or deferrals can be made if less than 14 days’ notice is given.
- BIE reserves the right to cancel, reschedule or change the location or content of a course without penalty if considered necessary.
- BIE undertakes to inform customers as soon as the change is made and customers may book an alternative course at no extra charge, or receive a full refund or credit against future courses.
- If a customer wishes to cancel a course, provided more than 14 days’ notice prior to the course start date is given, the tuition fee will be refunded less a £50 cancellation fee.
- If a customer wishes to transfer to another course, provided more than 14 days’ notice prior to the course start date is given and subject to availability, no additional charge will be made, other than for any new study materials that may be required.
- It may be possible to transfer your place on a course to another member of your organisation, but this will be assessed by BIE on a case to case basis.