JANET Roaming Wireless Service at The Babraham Institute
As defined on the Janet Roaming website, the JANET Roaming Service (JRS) allows visitors from any participating organisation to use credentials provided by their Home organisation to gain network access at a Visited organisation. The Institute complies with both the Home and Visited JRS requirements. Technical details required to make use of JRS at the Institute are shown below:
- JRS tiers supported: JRS2 and JRS3
- Security protocol support: WPA and WPA2
- Cipher support: TKIP or AES (either will work with both WPA and WPA2)
- SSID: eduroam
JRS users requiring support should contact their own site IT staff for assistance.
Babraham Institute JRS Acceptable Use Policy (AUP)
- Users will adhere to the JANET acceptable use policy.
- Users will adhere to the JANET roaming policy.
- Users will make sure that they keep Anti-Virus/Anti-Spyware software up to date on their clients, using the facilities provided by their home site where applicable.
- Users will not attempt to make use of P2P software.
- Users will ensure that they adhere to the AUP of their own organisation.
- Only ports/protocols required to support JRS (as detailed on the JRS website) will be permitted.
- Should users require IT support their point of contact will be their own site IT staff.