The Babraham Institute works closely with a number of policy organisations and think tanks, many of which have a significant role in the analysis and development of policy (e.g. charities, NGOs, policy study units).
– We work with BBSRC Corporate Policy Unit to provide evidence and opinion on key policy areas
including the use of animals in research
National Institutes of Bioscience
– a strategic partnership of bioscience organisations, with fellow partners we inform the development of government policy in the broad area of biological sciences
– A consortium of 13 life science institutions, the Institute contributes to EU-LIFE's publications, position papers and policy actions relating to EU science policy
Campaign for Science and Engineering
- We are a part of a group of organisations that collectively fund a CaSE policy officer post. This post helps to shape policy by drawing upon access to members' evidence base and opinion.
Centre for Science and Policy
- We welcome visits from representatives from government, the civil service, industry and the third sector. These visits are designed to encourage knowledge exchange and explore ways in which academic research can inform policy.