Computing IT Systems Administrator
Windows Server / Active Directory / DNS / Group Policy / Exchange / SQL Server
We are looking for a dynamic, self-motivated individual to join our team, who will be responsible for providing a modern core IT-service, as well as providing advice, guidance and practical support to users across the Institute and to some tenant companies.
The post-holder will be required to provide 2nd and 3rd line technical and operational support, primarily to the Senior Windows Administrator but also on occasions to others in the operations team and the Institute’s helpdesk service.
The ideal candidate will have the following skill set and experience;
- Experience of providing IT support in a work environment;
- In-depth experience of Windows Server Installation and Administration;
- Experience of managing Microsoft Active Directory and associated services (including Group Policy, DHCP, DNS);
- Experience of Microsoft Exchange Server;
- Experience in migration, operations, administration and maintenance of Microsoft SQL Server;
- Working knowledge of virtualisation technologies;
- Proven monitoring and troubleshooting skills;
- Backup and archiving software administration;
- Excellent time and task management skills;
- An effective team worker with the ability to work independently.
Salary range is £25,795 per annum to £34,830 per annum depending on experience.
Ful details of the position can be found here.
On applying please quote reference PN-CG-SA
Closing date for completed applications is Tuesday 3rd April 2018. However we reserve the right to close the vacancy early depending on the volume of applications received.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
The Babraham Institute holds a silver Athena SWAN award and is committed to promoting and developing a culture of excellence, diversity and mutual respect that supports the Institute’s ambitions and attracts highly motivated and talented people.
The Babraham Institute is a Disability Confident Employer and has a positive approach to employing disabled people.
The Babraham Institute receives strategic funding from the Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council and is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
Please complete the following before submitting your application:
Please submit your Covering Letter
Please submit your CV
Please submit your completed Application Form
Please submit your Equal Opportunities Form
Job Description, Person Specification and Benefits Summary