We are pleased to announce details of our Sixth-Form Conference for 2019. It’s your students’ chance to take part in a poster competition, listen to presentations from early-stage researchers, discuss careers in research and learn about the academic and commercial research taking place at the Babraham Institute and on the Babraham Research Campus.
The conference is open to all Year 12 and Year 13 students though they must be accompanied by a parent or teacher. Teachers must be accompanied by students! All students, teachers and parents attending must be registered. Free coach travel from near Cambridge Station will be available at 5.45pm and a coach will be returning from the Institute after 9.00pm. Places on the coach are strictly limited and must be booked in advance.
Registration via EventBrite at: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/babraham-institute-sixth-form-conference-tickets-74939308489
- 6.30 Student poster competition viewing and judging
- 7.00 Presentations
- 8.00 Panel discussion with Q&A on careers in research
- 8.30 Competition prizes, networking and nibbles
- View Babraham Institute posters
- Chat to PhD students and other researchers
- Discover companies on the Babraham Research Campus
- 9.00 Conference ends – coach travel to Cambridge will be provided (limited places)
Year 12 and Year 13 students are invited to submit biology-themed entries for a poster competition. Posters should be A1 (download this PowerPoint template) and can be submitted electronically to email@example.com for printing – the deadline for ALL submissions is Friday 8th November. Students must be ready to talk about their poster to the judges between 6.30pm and 7.00pm.
For all enquiries please contact PE@babraham.ac.uk